• Create Account

Start sharing your nail art!!!

Sign In or Create Account to start sharing your nail art photos easily with everyone. When you upload your photos with us, you can also easily share to Facebook, G+, Twitter or Pinterest with one click. You can also "Like", "Comment", "Share" and "Rate" others' photos and show them how much you like them as you are searching for your next inspiration.

Photo
- - - - -

Loose glitter gradient - Picture Tutorial

glitter gradient tutorial

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Valerie Wilson

Valerie Wilson

Advanced Member

• Administrator
  • 147 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:04 AM

Any glitter will work for this.  Stop by your favorite craft store and pick some up, even Walmart has glitter. Experiment with different sizes, textures and shapes of glitter.

You can even use loose eye shadow to get a nice shimmer effect too.  Don't have any "loose" eye shadow, but have some really old pressed eye shadow laying around you're never going to use?  Recycle it and use it for your nails ... Scrape it loose with a hard pointy object into a little pile and use that. 

I just use a clear polish as the "glue"  Put some glitter on a small make up brush and you can either tap your brush above your nail so it falls into place or lightly touch your glitter filled brush directly on your nail.  Experiment and find the way you like to apply it to achieve the look you like.

Be sure to seal it with a top coat. 

68da8763852a29b2276ba56efc51e4e8.jpg

(I found this picture searching the web, the picture is watermarked.  I am not taking credit for the picture in anyway.  The tips for application are my suggestions) 

• TheCandyLady and Julie S like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: glitter, gradient, tutorial