• Create Account

Start sharing your nail art!!!

Sign In or Create Account to start sharing your nail art photos easily with everyone. When you upload your photos with us, you can also easily share to Facebook, G+, Twitter or Pinterest with one click. You can also "Like", "Comment", "Share" and "Rate" others' photos and show them how much you like them as you are searching for your next inspiration.

Photo
- - - - -

Hi From Las Vegas!!!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Valerie Wilson

Valerie Wilson

Advanced Member

• Administrator
  • 147 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:42 AM

Hello everyone!!!

I just wanted to take a minute and introduce and  tell you a little bit about me.

I live in wonderful Las Vegas.  I am happily married to my high school sweat heart.   :wub:   I have a 5 year old black lab named Jack.  My profile pic is my favorite pic of my "Bestest Baby Dog" Claire.  I had to say good bye to her this last spring.  She was 13 1/2.

I have only been into doing my own nail art for just over a year.  I got into the hobby because, well, I had acrylic tips for years.  My nail lady Joanie was awesome!!!  I loved all her nail art.  She landed up  moving away.  Amy my next nail lady/friend was awesome too.  I really don't know why I stopped getting them done.  I think I just grew out of having acrylics done and wanted to let my nails breathe.  I let them grow for awhile and they actually grew out stronger than they ever were.  All I did was keep them polished to keep them protected.  As they grew longer, naturally I had to start putting designs on them.  I was hooked. 

I have always been the frugal, DIY, crafty type and this fell right into that category.  So a few light colored polishes turned into an assortment of colors, which turned into ..... well you know where this story is going LOL

I currently have a nice collection of polishes, gems, glitters, striping tape, stamping plates, the list goes on and on.   I can't walk into any store without walking down the nail polish isle to see what they have.  Yes.... My name is Valerie and I'm addicted to this hobby   :ph34r:  LOL.

I hope everyone enjoys this community.  I am looking forward to seeing everyone's designs, getting inspired by them, learning and trying some new stuff and making new friends along the way.

- Valerie

#2 Candace Allen

Candace Allen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:27 AM

Hey, I'm Candace. I have family in Reno. I am married but it's complicated. I have a Daughter (11) and a Son (9) and Lovey Dovey the dog. 

I'm 2 and a half years into doing my own nails. I got started by accident. My son said he wanted to paint nails. He has aspergers and he say the nail at the walmart salon. I just wasn't ready to have my son wear nail polish so after some thought and going to my local Sally's, I got practice nails for him to paint on. Turns out he likes the thickness of the polish so I introduced him to acrylic paint he loves it. My daughter isn't that keen on having her nails done. Sometimes she'll make a request, then pick the polish off. Gotta love kids.

I had over 300 polishes, but whittled it down to about 270ish. I seem to really like China Glaze and Sally Girl. I have a few Orly's, Fingerpaints and one lone OPI. I just ordered some plates from amazon. I'm excited to try those. 

I keep the polish I'm using on my nails at the moment in a basket. My polish collection lives under my bed on a trundle. That way people can't see how addicted I really am. I keep a spreadsheet on my phone and pictures of the colors in a pinterest account. So far I don't have any exact dupes, just some close matches. 

Candace

#3 Valerie Wilson

Valerie Wilson

Advanced Member

• Administrator
  • 147 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:05 PM

Hi Candace!!!

Its great to meet you and welcome!! 

Sounds like your son inherited your craftiness.  I'm glad he's enjoying it.  Soon your daughter will stop picking at her polish.  Soon she will be getting into your stash and using all your polishes!!! :blink:   eekk  You'll just have to get her her own collecion haha

All my polishes and supplies are in 3 plastic bins .... in my living room!!!  I am working on getting my computer station turned into my nail workspace too.  Its gonna take me a bit to figure out exactly how to do that.

You are our first official member that has posted!!!!  Woohoo !!!

I look forward to seeing all your designs!! 

You can even make an Album and show off your son's art work too!!!!